Now you know how to dive let the adventure begin…
As a PADI Open Water Diver you are licensed to dive to 18m – ever wondered what’s below you? Would you like to see more, know more and delve even deeper into the adventure? Then the PADI Advanced Open Water Course or PADI Adventure Diver is just for you. This is the course that really opens up possibilities for you to discover more about the underwater environment and become a skilled diver.
Haad Yao Divers, as one of the first dive schools on Koh Phangan, has a trusted reputation not only for teaching people how to dive but also bringing divers ‘to the next level’. Specialising in dive education – for beginners and experienced divers, we help to deepen the experience of fun diving in a relaxed and supportive learning environment with our highly experienced instructors.
- Become an Adventure or Advanced Diver?
- What are the benefits of becoming an Advanced Open Water Diver – ‘I already know how to dive and don’t want to become a professional’?
- You will develop your diving skills and environmental knowledge which will enable you to enjoy the experience of diving even more. Also, as an Advanced Diver you will be licensed to dive to 30m and explore even more of the ocean than before.
What is the difference between Adventure Diver and an Advanced Open Water Diver?
- Adventure Diver is the first step to becoming an Advanced Open Water Diver. As part of the Advanced Open Water Course you must complete five adventure dives. The course takes approximately 2-3 days. If you don’t have that time you can avail of the PADI modular system and do three adventure dives (1 – 2 days) initially and later do two more Adventure dives to gain your Advanced Open Water Course certification. You must complete the Underwater Navigator and Deep Diver adventure dives in order to become an Advanced Open Water diver.
- You can choose three other adventure dives from the list below:
Multilevel Diver (Computer Diving) – Learn how to use a Dive Computer and be in control of your no decompression limits.
Night Dive – Experience the beauty of the underwater world at night.
Underwater Naturalist Diver – Learn more about the environment and the fish you’re diving with!
Digital Underwater Photographer – Capture those moments of beauty and wonder forever.
Peak Performance Buoyancy - Become as natural as a fish in water by perfecting your buoyancy.
Search & Recovery – Develop essential skills for any diver.
AWARE Fish ID – Understand who you’re in the water with and learn how to find what you’re looking for.
Enriched Air Diver – Essential knowledge for divers interested in wreck diving – how to go deeper for longer.
Some helpful PADI videos on You Tube about the Adventure Dives.
But ‘I’m on holiday I don’t want to be in a classroom!’
Then you can start from home and do your theory online through the PADI e-learning course.
Please click here for full details on both courses.
Come and be free…
‘But at thirty feet below its level their [man's] power ceases, their influence dies out, their might disappears.
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence.
There I recognise no masters! There I am free.’
Jules Verne. 2000 Leagues Under The Sea.
More about Haad Yao Divers.
We only work with small groups, and offer high standards of teaching in a relaxed friendly atmosphere with personal tuition. Courses can be taught in English, Deutsch, Dutch, Spanish and Français with teaching materials available in many other languages. As Koh Phangan’s first 5 star Padi IDC Dive Resort we have helped hundreds of divers make the transition from Divemaster to Instructor. Need a life break or want to dive for a few weeks or more? Then you might like to ‘go-pro’ with us.